keith A. Savidge
Keith Savidge, one of the firm's founders, where he oversees and actively participates in the litigation of Construction Disputes, Employment, Insurance, Environmental Matters, Workers Compensation, and all types of standard and novel Business Litigation. Mr. Savidge is a retired Judge Advocate in the Ohio National Guard, having attained the rank of Colonel. Mr. Savidge received his B.A. degree from Case Western Reserve University and his J.D., cum laude from Cleveland State University. Mr. Savidge is a member of the Defense Research Institute and the American Association of Justice. Mr. Savidge is also a member of the Litigation and Labor Employment Section of the American Bar Association, the litigation Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and the Ohio State Bar Association. Mr. Savidge is also designated an "Ohio Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine, in the area of civil litigation defense.
Matters Typical of His Experience Include
- Served as coordinating counsel for large mechanical contractor supervising and participating in complex litigation throughout the United States.
- Served as counsel to corporation in litigation with investment bankers regarding warrant option rights saving the client several million dollars on the call price.
- Served as counsel to a municipal defendant in complex Superfund litigation venued in the Southern District of Ohio.
- Successfully defended a national engineering firm against claims of negligent design of a major hotel and office complex.
- Successfully prosecuted claim of out of state financial institution in breach of merger agreement claim against an Ohio bank.
- Successfully defended a large steel manufacturer against several million dollar impact damage claim by contractor who retrofitted mill.
- Successfully defended in arbitration disruptional delay claim brought by prime contractor against Regional Housing Authority.
- Successfully resolved claim against engineering client by hotel developer for alleged failure to discover pre-acquisition construction defects.
- Successfully resolved multi-million dollar claim by pharmaceutical manufacturer against supplier of defective raw material.
- Defending employers and manufacturers in Workers’ Compensation or tort claims.
- Defending employers in employment litigation in court or before state and federal agencies. Under Mr. Savidge's direction, Sears Holding Corporation (Sears/Kmart) has designated the firm as its "Go To" counsel for employment law in Ohio.
Selected Reported Cases
Burkhart v. H.J. Heinz 2013-Ohio-723, 989 N.E.,2d 128 (2013)
Dawson Insurnace v. Freund, 2011 WL 1167487 (March, 31, 2011)
National Interstate Insurance Co. vs. Motor Coach Industries, 2012 WL 264577 (N.D. Ohio, 2012)
Greta Davis vs. Kmart Corporation, 2011 WL 4730523 (N.D. Ohio Oct 7, 2011)
AAA Installer vs. Sears Holding Corporation, 764 F.Supp.2d 931 (N.D. Ohio Oct 7, 2011)
Murray v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2011 WL 2196518 (N.D. Ohio June, 2010)
Wilson v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2009-Ohio-16 (5th Dist. 2009)
Boyd v. Lincoln Elec. Co., 179 Ohio App.3d 559, 2008-Ohio-6143 (8th Dist. 2008)
Allstate Ins. Co. vs. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2007-Ohio-4977 (7th Dist. 2007)
White v. Bay Mechanical & Electrical Corp., 2007-Ohio-1752 (9th Dist. 2007)
White v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2005-Ohio-5086 (10th Dist. 2005)
Sagrilla v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2004-Ohio-4810 (5th Dist. 2004)
Timbers v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2004-Ohio-3469 (8th Dist. 2004)
Kanieski v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2003-Ohio-421 (8th Dist. 2003)
Cummings v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2002-Ohio-5078 (8th Dist. 2002)
Tatar v. Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company, 214 F.Supp.2d 834 (S.D. Ohio 2002)
Atac Corp. v. Arthur Treacher’s, Inc., 280 F.3d 1091 (6th Dist. 2002)
Boyas Excavating, Inc. v. Powerscreen of Ohio, 139 Ohio App.3d 201 (8th Dist. 2000)
Hood v. Diamond Products, Inc. 74 Ohio St.3d 298 (1996)
Henderson v. Gould, Inc., 96 Ohio App.3d 283 (1994)
Sherman v. River Oaks Office Plaza, Ltd., 91 Ohio App.3d 450 (1993)
Basicomputer Corporation v. Frank Scott, 973 F.2d 507 (6th Cir. 1992)
United States of America v. Pretty Products, Inc., 780 F.Supp. 1488 (S.D. Ohio 1991)
Murray v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 722 F.Supp. 1500 (N.D. Ohio 1989)
Gilbert v. Midland-Ross Corp., 67 Ohio St. 2d 267 (1981)
Kraus v. The Cleveland Clinic, 442 F.Supp. 310 (N.D. Ohio 1977)
Mr. Savidge was admitted to practice before the courts of Ohio in 1972, The Northern District of Ohio in 1972, The Southern District of Ohio in 2000, The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in 1985, The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in 1991, The Eastern District of Michigan in 1991, and The United States Court of Military Review in 1985.
Mr. Savidge obtained a B.A. degree from Western Reserve University in 1967. He received his J.D. degree (Cum Laude) from the Cleveland State University John Marshall College of Law in 1972. Mr. Savidge was commissioned Second Lieutenant, FA in the United States Army Reserve in 1972. He was a member of the Ohio Army National Guard from 1972 to 1996 retiring with the rank of Colonel. His last duty assignments were as State Judge Advocate for the Ohio Army National Guard and as assistant to the National Guard Bereau JA in the Pentagon. Mr. Savidge is a member of the American Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and the Delta Theta Law Fraternity. Mr. Savidge is married to Mary Anne and has two adult sons. Mr. Savidge is an avid sailor and accomplished equestrian. Mr. Savidge is an active member of St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Lakewood, Ohio where he has served as the church's senior warden and in other leadership capacities.